Tuesday, September 23, 2008

JOINT WORKSHOP

I want to be able to walk out of my front door with my children and walk to the park. I want to open my garage door, strap my helmet and ride to the trail -- safely, with my five-year old daughter in tow on her tag-along bicycle. I want to be able to meet my friends for a walk through our neighborhood. I want to leave my car in my driveway when I walk one block for a haircut. I want my children to stand in safe zone, specific for pedestrians, while they wait for the school bus. More so, I'd love to be able to walk with them to school.

Some of you have dogs -- and would love to be able to walk your dog in your own neighborhood. More of you are finding a real need to bicycle and walk more often as the prices of groceries and gasoline are squeezing already tight budgets in an uncertain, and threatening economy.

Well, in Exeter Township we might soon begin to improve walkability and bikability. If you'd like to be part of the conversation, please email walkbikeberks [at] yahoo.com with your comments and we'll take them to the table with us on October 20.

Oct 20, 2008
Joint Workshop Meeting

Meeting between the Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission to discuss the potential for additional sidewalks and crosswalks within the Township.

Location: 4975 DeMoss Road
Time: 6:30 PM
Phone: 610-779-5660


Go BackExeter Township Calendar of Events

http://www.co.berks.pa.us/exeter/ical/eventDetail_page.asp?date_ID=CCCDC6C6CD83CDC9CA

No comments:

Post a Comment