Please let me know what we can do to help.
In the past, we have done the following for schools who celebrate Walk to School:
- Provided Bicycle Education 101 -- with free helmets, certificates and prizes for kids
- Coordinated support with the township, police department and related agencies
- Completed forms for Free PennDOT pedestrian signs
- Created promotional materials such as invitations, signs, banners, and press releases
- Walked door-to-door to make sure parents and community businesses were able to plan and support the day
- Contacted sponsors for T-shirts and/or other incentives for the kids to walk together
- Handled media relations
- Invited and hosted elected officials at the local, state, and federal level during the walk
- Established a safe starting point and coordinated in planning the safest route
- Secured additional grant opportunities from Safe Kids / AAA and other local resources to support a growing program
- Gained food and drink sponsorship from local groceries.
- Worked to get a logo design through health insurance company
- Conducted walkability audits to help improve the overall safety for children and families who choose to walk and bicycle to school.
- Presented Safe Routes to School and Complete Streets educational presentations
Our mission is to make walking and bicycling practical, convenient, and safe transportation. We are here to help you. Just let us know how.
Michele D. Barrett