1. Fight pollution -- And breathe cleaner air!
- Automobiles pollute the ground, air and water
- Burning fossil fuels creates CO2; contributes to global warming
- Automobiles also produce noise pollution
2. Stay fit -- Strengthen your body on your way to work -- talk about multi-tasking!
- Bicycling allows you to workout during your daily routine
- Riding a bike instead of sitting in traffic is less stressful
- Staying in better shape decreases your chance of getting sick
3. Avoid traffic delays -- Enjoy trees along trails or neighborhood streets.
- Off-road trails, bike lanes, wide curb lanes let you pass traffic
- Bike commutes takes less time if you add car parking and traffic delays
- Longer rides = less traffic, more enjoyment of your commute
4. Save money -- And loose weight?
- Maintenance costs for a car will decrease, as will your gas bill
- You will save money on parking (and tickets)
- You won't have to pay gym memberships to workout
5. Enjoy your commute -- It's fun to go by bike!
- Arrive refreshed and full of energy; relieve stress after work
- Bike communiting empowers you with an accomplishment
- Take the long way home; ride through parks or along rivers
Thanks to the League of American Bicyclists for this content!