If we are blessed enough to have the strength, well-being, and ability to walk, shouldn't we also be able to do it safely?
If you agree that:
1. our streets are not safe enough and can be improved,
2. children should learn and practice pedestrian and bicycle safety,
3. walking and bicycling are healthy, basic exercise
4. childhood obesity and related health problems (asthma, diabetes, heart disease)can and should be prevented
5. schools play a critical role in shaping the life-long habits and skills of children,
Then please join WalkBikeBerks in our efforts to bring Safe Routes to School to Berks County.