Friday, February 29, 2008

Send Me to the Summit

Bikers, Hikers, Off-Road or On?

I will represent you when I meet directly with Congressional Leaders on March 6, 2008 in Washington, DC during the National Bike Summit hosted by the League of American Bicyclists. I will discuss the importance of pedestrian and bicycling policies and funding. The Summit is an opportunity to learn some best practices to help achieve the goals of WBB, to connect with national bicycle and pedestrian movers and shakers, and to meet our nationally elected officials and get their financial and policy support for WalkBikeBerks.

To be able to attend, I need to raise $550.00 by March 4. The money will cover the registration for training and lobbying. I will cover my own travel expenses with the exception of the generous contribution of the Bicycle Coalition of Philadelphia who can provide me with a place to stay. The only money I am asking for others to donate is the cost of the registration. I hope you will help.

Please send your contribution* to:
WalkBikeBerks
PO Box 6795
Wyomissing, PA 19610

*501(c)(3) nonprofit tax-exempt status is pending approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment