Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thank You

Today, in the Upland Community Center Room of Alvernia College, I had the pleasure of meeting some of Berks County's finest people. They were passionate, knowledgeable, experienced members our community who truly believe in the possibilities of our beautiful county. After three hours of very focused work, WalkBikeBerks moves forward with a new board of directors, an approved mission statement, established vision, and temporary bylaws. The session closed with members breaking into committees to brainstorm next steps. Their full reports will be posted on the yahoo listserv in the upcoming days.

It has been a long, exciting day. Before I rest, I must extend my thanks to those of you who participated today. I sincerely appreciate all that you have done...including the time you donated today. I feel blessed and look forward to the work ahead. I am impressed with our collective body and can finally take a breath. I now know that you are in this with me and that together we can make a difference. Thank you for your support and contributions. I am honored to have the responsibility you have offered me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment